Information Line Open Only from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.

Following on from Can’t Get the Trip Planner to Work I think I’ll ask for help.

No!

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! CantGet003.png

Customer Information is not open at 6:15 a.m. on a weekday morning.

I find that odd.

Now straight up, Toronto is not a world-class city, and the TTC doesn’t claim to be a world-class public transportation system, but still and all, it makes sense to me that people trying to get to work (car won’t start, spouse took child to hospital, spouse late home from job etc.) might want to enquire about getting to work before regular work hours.

Or might want to enquire about getting home after stopping off for a few beers after work.

But no.

Since it is only 6:15 a.m. I can’t ask for help from the TTC.

Disclaimer: See “not world-class” above. I’m not asking that the line be staffed 24 hours a day, but given that the buses leave my neck of the (Markland) Wood between 5:40 a.m. and 1:31 a.m. it might seem reasonable that someone planning to catch an early or a late bus might want to ask about it sometime between, say, 5 a.m. and 1 a.m.

Note to TTC management: Not everybody has a computer, and not everybody who has a computer at home is at home when they want to catch a bus home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switch and Bait

15 Minutes from Wilson to Downsview