Customer Service Hot Potato -1

Mid-afternoon I decide to resolve the Trip Planner issue.

At 2:36 p.m. I call Customer Information at 416-393-4636.

The menu system says “dial zero for operator”.

I do.

There comes an announcement along the lines of “an operator will be with you shortly”, followed by a “click”, then silence.

Have I been dropped from the line?

Where is the music or the raucous heavy metal rock that I love to hate?

Where are the ads telling me how great everything is?

Dead Silence.

I dial back; again, “click”, then silence.

I decide to wait and within a minute a voice comes on the line.

We need more than a “click” and silence to keep us happy nowadays.

And by the way, most of the time when we dial Customer Information at 416-393-4636, we are already a tad unhappy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switch and Bait

15 Minutes from Wilson to Downsview

Information Line Open Only from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.